Urban Infrastructure Partner (UIP) is a mobility system operator that finance, deliver and operate intelligent infrastructure solutions for forward-thinking cities.
In 2016 we launched a new bike sharing system in Oslo, beating most international records for usage and utilisation.
This was just the beginning.
Now we're expanding to multiple cities, launching new platforms and products.
- We’re building an in-house team of software developers to make the next generation sharing platform, that can handle multiple cities with bikes and other shared infrastructure.
- Our aim is a highly automated, developer friendly software platform where you can work on interesting development challenges, and go out and try the system you’ve made in the streets.
- You will be working with our team of backend and web developers, as well as with external consultants.
Native Android app, written in Java and (increasingly) Kotlin. On pair feature-wise with our iOS app.
Cloud-centric architecture, running on Google Cloud Platform, with Google PubSub handling most of the data flow, and persistence handled by Data Store and BigQuery.
Business logic handled mainly by NodeJS/Express-applications.
Continuous integration handled by BuddyBuild, distribution of both public and private betas, handled through Google Play and Hockey, respectively.
We’re looking for someone that
- Has strong knowledge of the Android SDK
Has experience in working with JSON and REST APIs
- Knows how to get the best possible performance
- Enjoys working together with designers to make interfaces – but also knows how to make a full app using Android UI conventions
Is fluent in English as working language
… and it’s nice if you
- Have worked with GraphQL
- Knows Kotlin
- Have experience in automated testing / continuous integration of Android apps (we currently use BuddyBuild)
Have experience with one or more Google Cloud Platform services
either way you should …
Enjoy working as part of a team.
Write testable, understandable and sustainable code.
Be motivated by creating software that creates real value and makes a difference.
This is a full-time position, located at our offices next door to Oslo Central Station.