We’re growing our team of software developers building a sharing platform that support multiple cities with city bikes and other shared assets.
Our goal is a highly-automated, developer-friendly software platform where you can work on interesting development challenges, and then be able to go out into the streets and try the system you’ve made.
You will be collaborating mostly with backend and front-end web developers, but our team also includes electrical engineers, product designers, data scientists and more, building the end-to-end service.
2 native Android apps, written in Java and (increasingly) Kotlin: One public city bike app (has feature parity with the corresponding iOS app), and one internal app for operational teams on the street.
- API communications mainly done via GraphQL, handled by Apollo.
- All cloud software running on Google Cloud Platform, with Google Pub Sub handling most of the data flow, and persistence handled by Postgres and BigQuery.
Business logic handled mainly by stateless, containerized NodeJS/Express-applications.
- Continuous integration handled by Bitrise, distribution of both public and private betas, handled through Google Play and Fabric/Crashlytics, respectively.
We’re looking for someone that
- Has strong knowledge of the Android SDK
Has experience in working with JSON and REST APIs
- Knows how to get the best possible performance
- Enjoys working together with designers to make interfaces – but also knows how to make a full app using Android UI conventions
- Is fluent in English as working language
… and it’s nice if you
- Have worked with GraphQL
- Knows Kotlin
- Have experience in automated testing / continuous integration of Android apps
Have experience with one or more Google Cloud Platform services
Either way you should …
Enjoy working as part of a team.
Write testable, understandable and sustainable code.
- Be motivated by creating software that creates real value and makes a difference.
We can offer you...
- to be part of a young, fast-growing Norwegian tech company
- a flexible workplace with a high level of responsibility and autonomy for the tasks you work on
- a downtown office, located next to the Central Station in Oslo
For questions regarding the position or the company, please contact Johan Høgåsen-Hallesby (email@example.com) CTO or Siv Monika Lilleng (firstname.lastname@example.org) HR director.
Deadline to apply: September 30th.