Are you experienced in data, statistics, machine learning and/or optimization and want to shape the future of urban mobility? Join the Data & Analytics team at Urban Sharing.
As a full-time employee, you will join our Data & Analytics team as a Data Analyst/Scientist to help strengthen our analytics and machine learning capabilities. The Data & Analytics team holds a key role in our company by developing tools, algorithms and models to support both strategic and operational decisions. The team further assists all parts of our company with analyses to help us become more data-driven. We believe the future of urban mobility is shaped by those who understand how to utilize data.
You will be part of a small team that solves a great variety of analytical tasks. As a growing company, our priorities change frequently, so you must be able to quickly adapt to new tasks and be willing to continuously develop your professional skills. Examples of projects you will be working on include:
- Developing algorithms to optimize on-street operations
- Improving maintenance and inventory management through predictive analysis
- Creating real-time demand forecast using machine learning-algorithms
- Improving our understanding of urban mobility through data analysis and visualizations
- Developing new, targeted products and services based on analysis of customer behavior
- Creating systems to monitor and evaluate operations and system performance
- Making reports and dashboards that answer internal needs
We run our technical stack on Google Cloud, and you will work with Google’s technology like BigQuery, DataPrep, DataFlow and ML-Engine to process and understand data. It is not a requirement that you have a lot of experience with these products, but you must be willing and ready to learn.
The deadline for applying is September 1st, with a starting date as soon as possible. Both experienced professionals and recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
We’re looking for someone that…
- can transform stupid data into valuable insight
It's a big plus if you…
- hold a degree in statistics, machine learning or engineering
- are familiar with SQL, Python and/or R
- are fluent in both Norwegian and English
- have experience with developing machine learning models and/or optimization models that solve real-world problems
- can tackle a fast-paced work environment and work independently with analytical tasks
- are genuinely interested in understanding and improving urban mobility
We can offer you...
- a young, fast-growing Norwegian tech company
- a flexible workplace with a high level of responsibility for your own tasks
- a downtown office, located next to the Central Station in Oslo
For questions regarding the position or the company, please contact Hans Martin Espegren (email@example.com) Data Scientist, or Siv Monika Lilleng (firstname.lastname@example.org) HR director.